6 Ways to Celebrate Canada Day
1. Serve Poutine, a famous Canadian food, which is basically french fries with a hot cheese sauce over them.
. Use red and white stripped straws for your picnic drinks.
3. Serve a rectangular icebox cake, decorated with white icing and use cut up strawberries arranged in the design of the Canadian flag, red on the ends, and a maple leaf shape in the center.
4. Or for an easier dessert, just dip strawberries in melted white chocolate.
5. If you’ve got some time, and don’t like to work with food, you could research some interesting trivia facts about Canada, and create a quiz, or an Infographic to summarize it all.
6. If you are celebrating all by yourself, sit down for a while and just pray for our Country, it’s leaders and it’s people. Ask God what He would like you to do for your countrymen.
# 6 is my first choice, but I might do the poutine trick for a meal. #5 interests me too, but I’m not sure about the time factor. Unless I save it for Sunday and do it together with a friend. If we pool our Canadiana knowledge and work together, we might have a good time coming up with the quiz and/or the infographic. Maybe we should invite another friend to join us. . . .